Open Water Diver | Advanced | Rescue | Nitrox | PPB | Boat Diver | Deep Diver | Drift Diver | Dry Suit | Multi-Level | Night Diver | UW Navigation | DPV | Wreck Diver | Tec Basics and Tec 40 | TecReational Diver | Email Peter
Peter, Cozumel -- picture by Lynne Flaherty
Looking to extend your bottom time? I will teach you how using enriched air can extend your no-decompression limits, giving you more time underwater. For example, a 50 foot dive on air is limited to 80 minutes, using EANx36 increases the no decompression limit to a whopping 220 minutes! The PADI Enriched Air Diver program emphasizes the theoretical and operational considerations involved with enriched air diving.
In addition to teaching you about using why and when to use Nitrox on a dive, I will also introduce you to strategies for more complete planning of your dive. Not only will you learn how to plan for the no decompression limits but also how to plan for how much air/Nitrox you will need for the dive you want to make.
From the Instructor Manual:
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course emphasizes the theoretical and operational considerations involved with enriched air diving. Mastery of the learning objectives is demonstrated during knowledge development assessment and practical application sessions....
This course covers the knowledge, skills and techniques for diving with enriched air. The minimum number of recommended hours is 12, spent on knowledge development and practical operational application....
To conduct the PADI Enriched Air Diver course:
1. The instructor must follow the standardized PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty Course outline. Other enriched air programs may not be used for this course.
2. Students must complete and sign the Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement for Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diving.
3. If available in a language students can read, students must read the PADI Enriched Air Diver Manual and complete Knowledge Reviews for review by the instructor.
4. If available in a language students understand, students must watch the PADI Enriched Air Diving video. It is recommended, but not required, that students have personal copies of the video for independent study and review after the program.
5. Students must successfully complete the Enriched Air Diver Exam and demonstrate mastery of all performance objectives during Practical Application Sessions 1 and 2. To be successful on the exam, the student must either score 100 percent initially, or score 75 percent or higher and have each question missed explained until mastery is achieved.